The AWS Accredited Test Facility program establishes minimum requirements for test facilities, their personnel, and equipment to qualify for accreditation to test and qualify welders. ATFs play an integral part in the operation of the AWS Certified Welding program and have proven they have the necessary resources to test welders to this nationally recognized and accepted program. The program is open to all qualified test facilities that may be a part of an independent laboratory, manufacturing plant, educational institution, or other entity.
Using ATFs to test and qualify welders makes sense
Explore the ATF Advantage
|ATF Initial On-Site Audit Application Package|
|ATF 1st and 2nd Year Renewal Application Package|
|ATF 3rd Year On-site Audit Application Package|
- ATF Welder Test Package
- ATF WPQR Blank Form
- AWS QC4-89, Standard for Accreditation of Test Facilities
- QC7-93, Standard for AWS Certified Welders
- QC7-93, Supplement C, Welder Performance Qualification Sheet Metal Test Requirements
- QC7-93, Supplement F, Chemical Plant and Petroleum Refinery Piping
- QC7-93, Supplement G, AWS Performance Qualification Test (generic supplement)
- B5.4: 2005 Specification for the qualification of Welder Test Facilities
Complete the following documents:
- ATF Application
- One uncontrolled copy of your facility's Quality Assurance Manual
- Completed QA Manual checklist
- Completed On-Site Audit checklist
- Application Fee or P.O. Request
Mail these completed documents to:
American Welding Society
Attn: Emil Pagoaga
AWS Certification Department
8669 Doral Blvd., Suite 130
Doral, FL 33166-6640
- Following a satisfactory review of the facility’s application, checklists and Quality Assurance Manual, an invoice for the applicable fees will be issued to the facility. Please click on the following link to view the current program fees: http://www.aws.org/certification/docs/schedules.html
Program fees, along with a copy of the invoice must be mailed to:
American Welding Society
Attn: Certification Department
8669 NW 36 Street, Suite 130
Miami, Florida 33166-6672
- Once the program fees have been received, AWS will schedule an on-site audit of your facility by a third-party auditor.
- When the audit is completed the facility will receive notification of their results -- including the deficiencies requiring corrective action and a final invoice will be issued to the facility for travel expenses incurred by the third-party auditor.
- If the audit results are satisfactory, a certificate of conformance will be issued. The certificate allows your facility to operate in accordance with the AWS QC4-89, Standard for Accreditation of Test Facilities for the AWS Certified Welder Program.
We appreciate your interest in this program and look forward to the certification of your facility. Please contact the Certification Department at 800-443-9353, extension 448 or you can send an email at email@example.com with any additional questions.
PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Acrobat Reader is a free program. Download Acrobat Reader Now.
AWS's Free Online CW Verification Service
Save time. Save money with AWS CW Quikcheck. QuikCheck online is a quick way to verify current Certified Welder numbers. Plug in the CW number and get immediate results... Go Here